The Conference was a success
Thanks all participants, it was fun and a success. Read the DevCon3 Minutes.
OpenVAS Developer Conference #3 (July 7-9 2011)
Already for the third time the OpenVAS team meets in real life
to discuss and plan next features of the OpenVAS framework.
Anyone being active as OpenVAS developer, tester, packager or user is welcome.
Please involve yourself there to express your ideas or needs.
Ideas collected so far:
- Session 1: Presentations
Chair: Vlatko Kosturjak
(each 30 minutes + 20 minutes discussion)
- Introduction to OpenSCAP, by Peter Vrabec (RedHat)
- OpenVAS-Metasploit Bridge, by Vlatko Kosturjak
- Lightning Talks (any topic, 5-20 min per talk)
- Session 2: Interfacing
Chair: Henri Doreau. Minutes: Vlatko Kosturjak.
- Which tools we interface already as consumer, as provider?
- Any inconsistencies and could this be streamlined?
- OSVDB integration
- Session 3: Technology/Architecture
Chair: Jan-Oliver Wagner. Minutes: Henri Doreau.
- Designing OSP (OpenVAS Scanning Protocol) to replace OTP
- How integrate SCAP standards and which ones?
- What are the next major trends? Do have to follow them?
- Re-architecting memory footprint of daemon (aka meta data in-mem storage architecture)
- How to improve the flow of remote tests?
- Make nmap mandatory requirement for OpenVAS?
- Session 4: NVTs
Chair: Tim Brown. Minutes: Michael Wiegand.
- low-to-log campaign: many NVTs output information as "low", but its actually just log info with no security relevance. A concerted action could reduce the low-noise a lot.
Greenbone Networks GmbH kindly hosts the developer conference at their offices:Neuer Graben 17
Greenbone will take care of hotel reservations. Please include your preferences with the expression of interest for attending.
How to attend
Please send an email to email@example.com and let us know arrival and departure time.
|Time||Thu, July 7th||Fri, July 8th||Sat, July 9th|
|10-11||Get Together, Hacking||Session: Interfacing||Session: NVTs|
|11-12||Get Together, Hacking||Session: Interfacing||Session: NVTs|
|12-13||Get Together, Hacking||Session: Interfacing||Session: NVTs|
|14-15||Welcome (Jan-Oliver Wagner)||Session: Technology & Architecture||Hacking, Continued Discussions|
|15-16||Introduction to OpenSCAP (Peter Vrabec)||Session: Technology & Architecture||Closing Session: Summary|
|16-17||OpenVAS-Metasploit-Bridge (Vlatko Kosturjak)||Session: Technology & Architecture||Departure, Hacking, Continued Discussions|
|17-18||Lightning Talks||Session: Technology & Architecture. 17:30: Departure for Social Event||Departure, Hacking, Continued Discussions|
|18-19||Hacking, Continued Discussions||Social Event||Departure, Hacking, Continued Discussions|
|19-20||Hacking, Continued Discussions||Social Event||Departure, Hacking, Continued Discussions|
|20-|| Dinner, Pub, Hacking
| Social Event and Dinner