OpenVAS Change Request #7: Extend report widget with optional info on NVT name/oid in OpenVAS-ClientStatus: Voted +2. Implemented. Released with OpenVAS-Client 1.0.4.
To provide transparency on which parts of a report have been created by which NVTs.
The report widget shows a collection of results as reported for a host/port/severity combination. The texts are separated by a line filled with "=".
However, it is not possible in the GUI to find out which of the text blocks is created by which NVT. But for diagnostics/debugging it would be helpful to know about the respective NVTs easily. Of course the respective "report.nbe" file contains the ID of the NVTs, and with this ID and the plugin cache the name of the NVT could be retrieved, but this is regarded as not simple enough.
- If the option is switched on to show the name and OID of the NVTs, then the report widget will consume two extra lines per report.
Design and Implementation
- In openvas-client/nessus/preferences.c:prefs_get_default() add handling of boolean option "show_nvt_name_and_oid". Note: the name is intentionally kept a bit more general, because the names may eventually be shown in other areas of GUI as well (e.g. the preferences). Maybe there are more places in this file that need to be adapted.
- In openvas-client/nessus/prefs_dialog/prefs_dialog_prefs.c add management for this new option.
- In openvas-client/nessus/prefs_dialog/prefs_report.c:row_activated() add a line with NVT name and OID (in brackets) and make it conditional to the option "show_nvt_name_and_oid".
- 2008-06-12 Jan-Oliver Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>:
Status update: now implemented.
- 2008-06-01 Jan-Oliver Wagner <email@example.com>:
Added voting result.
- 2008-04-30 Jan-Oliver Wagner <firstname.lastname@example.org>: